Enjoy the wonder of nature in the heart of the city! WildWoods offers all-season nature experiences for all ages and provides direct access to Fernbank Forest.
Wildwoods' paths provide plenty of space to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, while immersing you in nature every step of the way and the holistic quality it provides.
An elevated walkway takes you from the museum's terrace into the treetops where you can enjoy stunning views from one of 2 tree pods. From there, guests can tailor their experiences:
- You'll discover something new each time you visit. You don't have to drive north to enjoy the fall colors. Fernbank Forest and WildWoods come alive with dramatic yellows and oranges as the leaves change.
- Explore immersive and interactive exhibits for children (Nature Stories) and tweens (Adventure Outpost).
- See adventure turn to art in the Nature Gallery, featuring permanent installations and rotating special exhibits.
- Get a closer look at nature through special trailside experiences, including a sensory wall, animal tracks and tree molds.
- Look for a variety of native plants, flowers and wildlife as the trails take you along the creek toward the wetlands meadow and wildlife sanctuary.
WildWoods is open year-round, rain or shine, but may be closed due to inclement weather.
Make more possible with a gift to Fernbank's COVID-19 Recovery Fund.