10 REASONS WHY ATLANTANS LOVE MARTINIS & IMAX®
Celebrate Loved Ones This Valentine’s Day With Atlanta’s Friday Night Staple
ATLANTA—Martinis & IMAX® is spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with 10 reasons why it’s one of Atlanta’s most adored traditions. This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday, and Fernbank Museum will serve up a special edition of Martinis & IMAX to celebrate with visitors reveling in the effects of cupid’s arrow. With live entertainment, dancing, films, a delicious menu and some special Valentine décor, Martinis & IMAX has plenty of reasons to share the love this holiday. Here are the top 10 reasons to spend Valentine’s Day at Martinis & IMAX:
- Martinis & IMAX features tasty menu items, cocktails, live entertainment, dancing and a film on the biggest screen in town – all in ONE place!
- Yearning for a couple’s retreat? This Valentine’s Day Martinis & IMAX will take you on a journey with two iconic films, “Journey to the South Pacific,” a breathtaking adventure to the lush tropical islands of West Papua, a frequently sought after honeymoon destination, and “Jerusalem,” a critically acclaimed voyage into one of the most iconic places in the world.
- IMAX® films use the largest film format in the world, with a screen stretching five stories high and 72 feet wide with state-of-the art surround sound that will keep hearts thumping.
- This Valentine’s Day, Kayla Taylor Jazz will perform, playing a soulful mix of jazz standards and love ballads.
- Keeping with its namesake, Martinis & IMAX will serve up a variety of specialty-themed cocktails this Valentine’s Day, including the Chocolate Kiss and Heart Throb.
- Hearts will race while dancing among the dinosaurs at Martinis & IMAX featuring a prehistoric edition of “The Odd Couple” – the world’s largest meat-eater and the world’s largest plant-eater.
- Each year, devoted couples return to commemorate Martinis & IMAX as the place they went on their first date, where they met, or where they popped the question.
- Looking for a girls or guys night out? Martinis & IMAX is the perfect place to mingle with singles and have a ball!
- Martinis & IMAX always features a menu of small plates but is serving up a delicious menu of sweets and treats this Valentine’s Day, including a prime rib entrée and heart-shaped cookies for dessert, along with appetizers and more casual fare options. And when everyone else is booked, remember that Fernbank doesn’t require dinner reservations (but film tickets can sell out).
- Martinis & IMAX has a price that can’t be beat! With admission under $15 for a film and live entertainment, Martinis & IMAX is a unique night out with a very affordable price tag.
Martinis & IMAX is held every Friday from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. Martinis & IMAX tickets are $13 for adults, $12 for students and seniors, and $8 for members. Drink and menu prices vary.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is located at 767 Clifton Road NE in Atlanta. Visitor information and tickets are available by phone at 404-929-6400 and online at www.fernbankmuseum.org. To always get the latest scoop on Martinis & IMAX, like the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Martinis.IMAX or follow Fernbank Museum on Twitter at @FernbankMuseum.
About Martinis & IMAX: From a giant movie screen to a hip social scene, Martinis & IMAX® features a unique mix of culture and cocktails in a casually cool setting. Martinis & IMAX offers a unique alternative to a Friday night out, featuring live entertainment along with a film on the biggest screen in town. Attendees can also purchase signature cocktails and small plates. Current films are “Jerusalem” and “Penguins.” “Journey to the South Pacific” will begin on January 24, 2014.
*Dates and schedule are subject to change without notice. Current film schedules are always available at fernbankmuseum.org.