Animal Programs Facilitator, Part-time
Education Facilitators interact with children and families in a variety of Fernbank Museum of Natural History’s public programming. This position will focus on live animal programming, with other program assignments including exhibit interpretation, family days and more.
- Assist with animal care and interpretive live animal programming
- In programs, facilitate hands-on children’s activities based on a wide range of science and natural history topics.
- Greet guests, orient groups, maintain safe and attractive environment and assist guests with interactive components inside exhibits.
- On family event days, assist with activity setup and facilitation.
- Assist with preparations for educational programs.
- Assist the Education Department with other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Prior hands-on experience with reptiles preferred
- Previous experience working with young children.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Previous public speaking experience and a basic knowledge of science are helpful.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must be comfortable around reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.
- Must enjoy working with children and families.
- Excellent rapport with children and ability to communicate with parents.
- Flexibility and a willingness to help out wherever needed; energetic and creative.
- A self-starter able to work independently and see projects through to completion.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
Applications can be completed at the Museum or sent to:
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
767 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30307
Click here for a downloadable application. (Acrobat required.)