The Cartoon Network
Move It Movement Tour
Saturday, June 2 from 10am – 2pm
We are taking the fun outside!
Join Fernbank Museum and Cartoon Network for a special Move It Movement preview event, before the national tour kicks off later this month. This high-energy event has goal kicking drills, 3-point challenges, and tons of other fun activities that encourage kids to test their skills with their friends. The Move It Movement tour is an exciting interactive event that will motivate, energize, and educate kids and families about living an active lifestyle.
The tour features multiple activity and learning stations, including:
- Registration: The MIM welcome area! Kids and parents are greeted and can learn about all the activities the MIM event has to offer. Kids might also be lucky enough to get a Cartoon Network temporary tattoo or other cool items as they enter!
- Soccer Shootout Challenge: Kids can test their shooting skills with a custom soccer goal
- The NBA FIT Activity Zone: Kids take their shot at the NBA through a timed “3-point” shooting drill or a friendly game of “Pig” or “Horse” with their friends.
- NFL PLAY 60: Kids take the handoff and juke and weave through the NFL Play60 obstacle course to try to cross over the goal line.
- PGA Chipping Challenge: Everyone can test their golf skills as they aim for targets in the tent wall as they try to improve their skills and their score and move up the leader board.
- Cartoon Network Chill Zone: Rehydrate, check out the best new programming, get your picture taken at the green screen photo experience and pick up premium giveaways.
- Crayola Outdoor Challenge: This activity will feature picnic tables with chalk-friendly surface tops, as well as chalk games (i.e. Hopscotch, tic-tac-toe, stencils). Children of all ages will have a blast using the 3D Kaleidoscope Chalk, 3D Sidewalk Chalk and Sidewalk Tattoos to see their wonderful works of eye-popping art come to life.
- Let’s Move!: Let’s Move! is a comprehensive initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the problem of obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams. At this activity we will encourage kids and parents to visit www.letsmove.gov to learn more and join in America’s move to raise a healthier generation of kids.
All activities will take place in the Dinosaur Entrance Plaza. Rain or shine.
Cost: Included with Museum admission and free for members. Wristbands will be required to participate in activities.
Presented as part of Fernbank's 97 Days of Play.
Export this event (iCal)